Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Grandfather clock...


This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.”

~Riddle from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Time.

I am not sure how it dissolves in the palm of my hands, or how to prevent it from slipping through the cracks in my fingers.

What I find more entertaining is how I am constantly wishing for time to slow down and speed up simultaneously. “I wish I had more time to finish my homework, and I hope time flies so this semester will be over.”

As a Mom, though, time can never go slow enough. Each day I wake up I know that I am one day closer to the end of sticky kisses, messy bedrooms, and snuggle time on the couch. I wish I would remember that mid-afternoon when I would like nothing more than to hang my grouchy three-year-old by his toes!

Certain days are stronger reminders that time is not standing still, but I am banking on the hope that time is more complex than most of us would believe it to be.

So in closing, something to leave you with that will encourage you to see beyond the constraints of time and into the purpose of your life and the direction you were called to follow.

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint- it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, time-y wimey… stuff.”

~The Doctor from Doctor Who 

Allons-y!
Karena*

No comments:

Post a Comment